This kit is now discontinued. Adafruit has upgraded the Adafruit Motor Shield v1 to v2, with stacking-support and higher-current motor drivers. New version adafruit product ID: 1438
Here is a design for a full-featured motor shield that will be able to power many simple to medium-complexity projects.
- 2 connections for 5V 'hobby' servos connected to the Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter!
- 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 36VDC.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (10-22AWG) and power
- Arduino reset button brought up top
- 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for seperate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible with Arduino Mega, Diecimila & Duemilanove
- Download the easy-to-use Arduino software library, check out the examples and you're ready to go!
Kit comes with all parts necessary,unassembled. Instructions, examples, and other documentation is available on the website
Motors and Arduino are not included.